Monday, January 23, 2012

Dancing With The Teachers

Saturday night the Penn-Trafford Community Education Foundation held the second annual "Dancing with Teachers" event.  What a resounding success.  As I watched the audience enjoying the show, I could not help but think that this is what education is all about.   Education is the school and the community working together to increase opportunities for kids.  Saturday night was the epitome of that philosophy.  The event raised close to $9,000.00 for the Foundation to use to help the kids in our community.  I was also very proud of all of the teachers, staff, and students who participated in the event.  You could tell from the performances that a lot of people put a lot of work in their routines.  It was simply a great night.  Congratulations to the winners Melissa Atticks and Nick Mastroianni who put on quite a show for the audience...Great job!

I want to thank the Penn-Trafford Community Education Foundation for all of the hard work that went into organizing this event...everyone worked very hard.  I want to specifically thank Jill Brallier and Amy Kelly (two teachers from Level Green Elementary) for taking a leadership role in organizing this event.  Without their dedication and hard work, this event would not have been such a success.  I also want to point out that the Jeff Brady State Farm Agency donated the food for the concession stand which was a big help for the Foundation...thank you Jeff!  Finally, I want to thank the president of the Penn-Trafford Community Education Foundation, Susan Jennings for her leadership of the Foundation.  I can't wait until next years event!

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Butler - I will presume your lack of response/inability to address my concerns and those of the public is the "new direction" that you are leading our district? I just want to be perfectly clear, as I was pretty certain you welcomed the discussion, but then once it was proposed to be discussed publicly, rather than having the decency to acknowledge your newfound unwillingness, you decided to simply "ignore" the issues. I am deeply saddened to see that this "new direction" is just a disguise for "much of the same." It's unfortunate that you and the administration have placed such little respect in the members of this community and the very district that employs you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just got to love when people can post anonymously. They will say anything. The posting above makes no sense. There are no facts, no questions, no information. . .quite honestly it makes the poster sound like some kind of wacko stalker. Especially since this is just one of many of his/her postings. If you actually have an issue that you would like to bring up, state what it is. Otherwise, you lose any credence that you may have.

    Dr. Butler. . .I love your blogs! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately it seems as though this might be your first time at the blogs, or you haven't seen my past posts regarding the "issues" because Dr. Butler and his staff continually delete them, because they do not want to be condemned for the lack of integrity and morality they have exhibited. So thanks for the input, but until you know the entire story, or are informed enough to culminate an opinion with some prior knowledge, your comment is just as "erratic" as you so wrongfully accused mine of being.

    I am more than happy to summarize my "issues", although I cannot ensure that they too will not be deleted. This way, you will be more than informed about what my concerns are.

    1- I am curious as to why Mr. Inglese is still an acting principal after he was accused of allowing students to cheat.
    2- I am concerned with whether or not Principal Inglese continues to force teachers to change grades. I think parents of the district, as well as the students have every right to know why and when this occurs.
    3- I am concerned with the status of the lawsuit against PT regarding the Infringement on Academic Freedom, and the additional one pertaining to the math teachers who were wrongfully unemployed. (These issues both have very negative connotations for the district and something that I find embarrassing when I am questioned by people outside of the district.)

    I believe these "issues" are more than fair for Mr. Butler to address.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete