Monday, August 22, 2011

The New Year is Almost Here!


The excitement to start school is building.  One week from today the students will come back to school and in two days the teachers come back.  The custodians and maintenance departments have been working feverishly to get the school buildings ready for the opening day.  I have seen a lot of progress in this area over the past two weeks and the students will find a neat, clean and safe environment.  I am looking forward to meeting with the teachers this week.  On Wednesday I will introduce myself to the entire teaching staff.  This will be an opportunity for them to get to know a little bit about me.  The teachers will then spend the rest of Wednesday and the following day working in Professional Learning Communities (PLC’s).  PLC’s are a time when groups of teachers get together and focus their time together reviewing student data and designing learning experiences that will benefit students.  I have found PLC’s to be a powerful tool to increase student learning.  I am excited to see how they work at Penn-Trafford!

No comments:

Post a Comment